Monday, June 30, 2014

Farewell to my Parsley

After a couple of years of the resident woodchuck devouring my parsley out in the garden, I have placed it up on the edge of the porch in a window box. It did really well there last year, out of Chuck's reach. I dried a lot of it and even brought the whole box inside for the winter. It was happy on the sunny windowsill. I placed it back outside in May. It looked like it was thriving until the other day when I went to water it and did a double take. It was munched on! I saw that it was a caterpillar, no wait, four caterpillars munching away. Four black swallowtail caterpillars getting bigger everyday as my parsley gets smaller. Oh well, I still have dried parsley from last summer! I look forward to seeing the butterflies flying around.
Black Swallowtail Caterpillar

Where has all the parsley gone?

Striking Markings

Seeing Double

No comments:

Post a Comment