Saturday, October 22, 2016

Around the Village in Photos: October 14 - 20, 2016

Catch a Leaf - Make a Wish!

There There

Hurry Up!

Blooming at Last

Sycamore Leaf on South Lawn

Framed - Schoolhouse Park

What's the Buzz?

One Strawberry Left for Me
On Saturday morning, October 15, my outdoor thermometer read 31.5 degrees. I had covered my peppers, strawberries, and Montauk Daisies, which were still flowering, with sheets expecting a frost. The frost was scattered around the village and didn't happen at my house. However, friends on Washington Avenue and South Lawn had their gardens zapped. Then Mother Nature did a turn around and temperatures rose to 81 degrees on Tuesday, 70 on Wednesday, followed by much needed rain on Thursday. My Montauk Daisies finally bloomed, the chipmunk left me one strawberry, but the peppers didn't like Saturday's cold and were done. The warmth and wind brought down a lot of leaves this week. Catch a falling leaf and make a wish. Long time village resident, Bob Foster, would tell village children to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment