Tuesday, January 19, 2021

Out and About: Birds at my Feeders

 This is the fifteenth year I have done Project Feeder Watch through Cornell Lab of Ornithology. The project requires participants to watch and record the greatest number of a species of bird that they see at one time at feeders or in the yard and garden. This is done two consecutive days a week from November through April. The project really gets me paying attention to what birds are around, what they're eating, and their behaviors. I've been taking photos through the kitchen door of my visitors. I'm very happy to have Bluebirds in the yard this winter season. My husband made me a roosting box for Christmas and the bluebirds have been investigating it, as well as, the nest box that's been up. Either box can be used by small birds on cold winter nights for shelter and sleeping. I hope they use them!

Black-capped Chickadee

Eastern Bluebirds and Male Cardinal

Downy Woodpecker Male and Eastern Goldfinch

Hairy Woodpecker Male ( Hairy Woodpeckers are higher than Downy WP)

Tufted Titmouse with Sunflower Seed

House Finch Male

Red-bellied Woodpecker

White-breasted Nuthatch

White-breasted Nuthatch and Tufted Titmouse

Tufted Titmice

Carolina Wren

American Tree Sparrow and Male Cardinal

Dark-eyed Junco Female( gray upper body)

Dark-eyed Junco Male (darker gray upper body)


No comments:

Post a Comment